Re: [TenTec] Orion & SDR1000 thoughts (GOOD post)

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion & SDR1000 thoughts (GOOD post)
From: Kc9cdt@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:55:26 EST
Toby,
Thats EXACTLY correct. Looks like you are also one that thinks V2 doesn't
work right yet. Guess there is a few of us out here, huh?

That is why I have been doing all the posting lately, to try to
1) Get TT to tell us where they are going with V2
2) Talk about the VERY positive aspects of Orion & OII (and there are many!)
3) To try to be sure we all communicate our concerns to TT about the issues
in the firmware

IMHO the Orion/OII is a very good design for a radio and should satisfy a lot
of folks for many years, especially those that don't really care to have a PC
involved.

Most of us that bought or are thinking of buying a high end contest OR DX
radio expect a lot. And we are willing to pay for it (and have).

Folks, it's not just complaining about V2, those of us that beleive it can be
better ( and based on V1 Know it can) are hopefully helping TT to improve the
product.
Happy customers = more sales

Toby, If TT can't (or doesn't want to) get V2 right, how could they ever play
in the true SDR game of the future.

Also, Bill  thanks for the great detailed post about the SDR -1000, looks
very interesting.

73,
Lee, KC9CDT