[TenTec] Orion II v2.032 SUB RX NR problem?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion II v2.032 SUB RX NR problem?
From: Lin Davis <linbdavis@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 15:23:18 -0500
SUB RX NR (O2 V2.032) is acting up for me. To test, I went to a quiet area (10
meters in this case). Set up: Rf gain = 100, USB, BW = 2400Hz, AGC = Hang 0s,
Decay 80dB/s, Threshold 0.37uV, NB off, AN off, NOTCH off, set NR=5 then turn
off.
a. I push NR back on and the noise drops some.
b. I change the value to 4 (or 6, doesn't matter), the noise drops a lot and
does not change again no matter what I set the value to! So with NR set to 4...
c. Push NR off and back on and noise is a little louder than after step a.
d. Change value to 3 or 5 and noise drops a lot, as in step b.
e. Now set NR to 9.
f. Push off and on again and noise drops a lot, as with b. and d.
g. changing value to 8, etc. has no effect.

Conclusion is that when I push NR on, the setting shown in true. But when I
change the setting, internally the setting jumps right to 9 and stays there,
although the displayed value is not 9.

Wondering if anyone else noticed this.

BTW, neither full master reset nor battery fail reset helped.

73,
Lin
WB1AIW