Re: [TenTec] Sweep on OII

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Sweep on OII
From: Kc9cdt@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 22:54:54 EST
If they can afford a $10,000 radio I guess it's expected that options will be
high.

A Lot of us (I believe) think $4200 is a lot of money for a radio.

I guess I just expected with the advertising of a faster CPU that the sweep
would work real time all the time.........

OII upgrade was color screen, improved filter chain, better  Mic connection
and faster CPU.  So, while the color screen is great (I love it) we did pay
quite a lot for the upgrade (color screens are not that expensive anymore,
especially small ones).

I personally expected the faster CPU to be a bigger deal. Like no more sweep
issues.

Anyway, that's what I expected, right or wrong.

Considering everything (except being in a different universe) I guess I would
feel good about it all if the sweep can not be realtime all the time with the
faster CPU and firmware changes the TT could pass along the HW sweep at cost.

73,
Lee