[TenTec] Orion 1 Version 2 Hardware Mod

To: "Reflector, TenTec" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion 1 Version 2 Hardware Mod
From: "Mark Erbaugh" <mark@microenh.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 12:56:30 -0500
Just a not to encourage others.

This past Saturday, I completed the version 2 hardware mod to my Orion 1.  It
wasn't that bad and took me about 2 hours.

The biggest problem I had was trying to solder the jumper wire to the SMT
connections.  I finally realized that the picture in the documentation was
magnified and that my 22 ga wire was probably too large. Made a jumper out of
some 28 ga wire (one of the conductors inside a computer cable that I had cut
for some other purpose). That went much eaiser.

The biggest help was my lighted magnifier.

73,
Mark