[TenTec] s meter

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] s meter
From: "Ken Waites" <BARBIEKENW@peoplepc.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 00:08:37 -0700
Think about what you are saying.  S meter reading of antenna input signal
strength?  Of what frequency?  Of what signal?  All frequencies are
present there.  You have a particular RF frequency only after mixers.  There is
no way you do not involve circuitry, amplifiers, gain, etc.

I wish s meters had never been invented.  The numbers off of them are worthless
other than being a RELATIVE comparative reading.

Who believes it when they get a 20 over in Lebanon?

I put as much faith in that as when I get a 599 from a DXpedition.