Re: [TenTec] Editing

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Editing
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 19:53:55 EST

I bought 2300 feet of lmr 400 for 600 bucks delivered, I buy rg8x for 85
bucks per 500 feet, and still have 300 feet of rg59 on hand for matching stubs
etc., and have some rg178 for pass through stuff, so I don't find it too
expensive to use coax to each antenna, .and I can actually solder on a
connector
too.

 I have multiple radios and amps and have problems  running twin  lead in the
shack. so I drill a hole in the wall and shove coax through the hole  and
then put a connector on the other end on.

 I would love to use twin lead, but my shack and the 70 mph winds here
preclude the use of twinlead..  and I have yet to find a way to feed a beam
direct
with ladder line..

 YMMV

  tom N6AJR

In a message dated 1/19/2006 4:23:41 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,