Re: [TenTec] low RF output on 80 meters with Argosy and Century 22

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] low RF output on 80 meters with Argosy and Century 22
From: jmalloy <jmalloy@stny.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2005 14:13:47 -0500
Years ago (1980, I believe) I  bought a new Argosy and had a ball with
it.  In 1982,  I traded it in (bought a used Argosy in 2000!) on a
Corsair and the fellow who was checking out my Argosy determined that it
was putting out 17 watts maximum.  A quick adjustment on the bias
control brought it up to snuff, though, so the trade-in was fine.
Perhaps Ten-Tec was just being conservative when my Argosy was being
adjusted -- but the fact is, I never missed the 33 watts!  In fact, it
did fine on QRP (but it was during a sunspot maximum, of course...).

73,

Joe, W2RBA