Re: [TenTec] Dual monitor on Orion

To: tentec@contesting.com, tr@rtort.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Dual monitor on Orion
From: CATFISHTWO@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 23:07:16 EDT

I just sold my 756 ( non pro) and I still have a 746 pro and a ts 2000,
among others,  I love my Orion.  I has a better receiver than any  other radio
own ( total of 8 hf rigs) and has a customizable transmit too, (  bass roll off
and BW up to 4 k) and a rx from 100 cycles band with on cw to 6000  cycles on
ssb and am.

the main vfo is ham bands only and the b vfo is general coverage and you  can
do what they call diversity tuning with both vfo's on the same signal one in
each ear, as a matter of fact you must use stereo head se on the Orion, using
 mono earphones will damage the radio.. this rig has a fairly steep learning
curve but the more I use it the more I love it.  I sold my old fav, (the
756) and only keep the 746 setup ( ic2-kl/at500 or alpha amp) for when I play
multi multi.

the Orion is super on ssb and even better on cw..

just my opinion, but I work stuff my neighbors can't hear

tom N6AJR

In a message dated 10/13/2005 7:50:31 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,