Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ Keying

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI+ Keying
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 06:06:33 -0700
No, Bob, I hooked the Key Pulser to the "KEY"
input of the Omni 6+ not the keyer paddle input.
Otherwise I would still be getting a string of CW
characters when I set the pulser to 100% instead
of a steady tone (I even varied the keyer speed
control on the Omni 6+ just to be sure that it
wasn't connected to the internal keyer). I think
Tommy W4BQF is correct that the firmware
upgrade that addressed the "micro-chirp" limits the
top-end keying speed of the Omni 6+. A friend
of mine who I spoke to on 75 meters last night
confirmed this. He said that if I go back to the
previous version of the Omni 6+ firmware, the
problem will go away.