Re: [TenTec] dmni identification

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] dmni identification
From: Able2fly@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:51:48 EDT

In a message dated 8/10/2005 1:11:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
w2iy@verizon.net writes:

Hello to  the list,
I have an Omni model 546, series C, s/n 546-44xx.  On the  lower left of the
front panel it says "Omni", not "Omni A" or "Omni D" and  the front panel is
different from the Omni D front panel pictured in the  manual I have.  Can
anyone please help me identify this properly, and  point me to the correct
manual?
Thanks and 73,
Mike  W2IY

Mike,

Its simply the "Omni, series C". It is essentially the same  animal as the
Omni D except for the capacity for a couple more crystal  filters. The manual
is
labeled simply "Omni".  The manual for units prior  to the "C" version was
labeled "Omni-A / Omni-D". All 3 of the Omnis  (with the funny looking O) are
still quite capable and fun to use  rigs.

Bill  K3UJ