Re: [TenTec] magic wire antennas

To: jrhallas@optonline.net,Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] magic wire antennas
From: Curt <k3ey@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 21:48:29 -0700 (PDT)
Back in the 80's when I lived at a place where
everything, ?antenna wise? was out including verticals
for reasons I won't get into, my only option "if" I
wanted to operate was a B&W folded dipole. I worked
the world with that antenna and used it for 7 or 8
years before we moved to where I could put up a decent
antenna system. I got tired of people saying they were
dummy loads in the sky when I was having a ball
working the world with less than 100 watts. YES, I
know they are NOT as good as a mono bander or even a
dipole cut for a particular frequency, but they work,
and work good!   People who believe themselves self
ordained electrical geniuses telling me that they are
a waste because they don't work, drives me crazy. But
then again people are people and will believe whatever
they want to. Believe what you want including the
belief that B&W antennas are worthless while I look
over the tons of QSL cards  I received from all over
the world using that piece of crap.

--- "jrhallas@optonline.net" <jrhallas@optonline.net>