Re: [TenTec] Should I buy an Orion now or wait

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Should I buy an Orion now or wait
From: Jerry Volpe <kg6tt@tomorrowsweb.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 16:29:35 -0700
Toby Pennington wrote:

>What exactly is "cw signal  timebase jitter"?   Any relation to dead spots
>or noise bursts?

Sometimes I think the first thing someone should do when they have that
initial 'glimmer' of "maybe I should buy an Orion...." is to distance
themselves as far as possible from this reflector until after they buy
it and try it for the 30 day guarantee trial/return.... THEN maybe
exchange notes with others on the Reflector but ONLY after reading
through the archives.. The second thing I think they should do IS NOT
TOUCH any of the programmable options for the first SIX months! Just
leave it in its defaults. Just my tongue-in-cheek recommendation... well
maybe more real than that.

73,
Jerry, KG6TT