Re: [TenTec] Omni vi plus input audio feed for psk

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni vi plus input audio feed for psk
From: joel hallas <jrhallas@optonline.net>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 07:35:09 -0400
Bob,

You may be very lucky! With my Paragon (line out) to sound card input I
had a very loud hum on SSB xmit (I know that's the other side <g>), even
when the computer was off.

In my station, I have separate power feeds for radio equipment and other
stuff and it appears that there was a sufficient difference in "green
wire" ground voltage to cause a hum.

By putting a RS isolation transformer in that lead it took care of the
problem, for $1.75, I think. BTW, the transmit side was isolated in the
Rigblaster, or likely would have had the same problem.

Regards, Joel, W1ZR