[TenTec] Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
From: <ve1bn@ns.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 14:25:56 -0300
Hi,

Am curious.   John, N1JM, indicates that the Jim's (K5HO) OMNI V, Serial
# 94A10059, appears to have been manufactured in April 1989.

Is there an accurate means of determining when a T-T rig has been made?

I have a PARAGON II that has Serial # 05A10104.   These came off the
assembly line before the OMNI V's.  According to the way you suggested,
John, it would have come off the line in 1994.  This seems reasonable.  I
rather believe 1994 as the correct year.  It came out a few years after
the original Paragon was produced.

I also have an OMNI 6 Plus, Serial # 10A10559.  Does this mean it was made
in 1989?  I doubt it.  Probably 1999. This design followed the OMNI 6 which
was produced after the OMNI 5.

Anyone have any input to aid setting all this straight?  As I mentioned, I am
curious how the serial number codes apply to these rigs.

73 to all -  Don,  ve1bn@ns.sympatico.ca