[TenTec] Raspy CW Note on Jupiter

To: "Ten Tec List" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Raspy CW Note on Jupiter
From: "Toby Pennington" <toby423@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 20:13:36 -0400
After playing with the Jupiter (new to me) for the past few days, I have
figured out how to set the rig up for cw and get rid of the raspy cw note.  It
seems to work very nicely now on cw.

All I did was set the AGC to fast and the RF gain to 100%.  Since the Jupiter's
fast AGC is not really that agressive the usual pumping in Fast AGC is
miniminized.

Now,  If you turn the RF Gain down the raspy "phase noise" cw begins to come
back.  Or if you go to slow AGC or medium the raspy cw note returns.  So the RF
gain has to be left at 100% and the AGC to fast position to get a clean
sounding  cw note.

There is not much of a problem with the raspy note on 20 meters and above but
on the low bands is where the problem is.

Seems like this could be fixed by TT so that the rig could be operated normally
without having to do workarounds.          Toby  W4CAK