Re: [TenTec] Titan 425 fan noise

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Titan 425 fan noise
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 18:00:10 -1000
Hi Howie,

When I first got my Titan 425 (used) I found the fan (actually it is a
blower) to be objectionalbly loud. I opened up the amplifier and removed
the fan, and then did my best to clean and lubricate the fan. You have
to pay attention and be careful to get al the foam seal back the right
way when you reinstall the fan. Cleaning an lubing mine made a big
improvement. Still it vibrates the operating table more than I would
like. I keep the amplifier stting on top of some foam packaging
material, which helps to isolate the vibration.

DE N6KB