[TenTec] T-T Argonaut 509 Offset Tuning & IF Filter Mod

To: "Ten-Tec" <tentec@contesting.com>,"QRP-L" <qrp-l@mailman.qth.net>, <qrparci@qsl.net>
Subject: [TenTec] T-T Argonaut 509 Offset Tuning & IF Filter Mod
From: "Richard Arland" <richard.arland@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 00:04:11 -0500
Has anyone ever tried increasing the RIT (offset tuning) on an Argo 509? If so,
what was your approach to the problem?

I'd l;ike to increase the OT to cover a minimum of +/- 5 kHz on each band so I
could have a better chance at working DXpeditions. Actually +/- 7 kHz would be
better, come to think of it. Anone done it?

My latest 509 has just undergone a mod to replace the stock 2.4kHz 4-pole
filter with an InRad #752 2.1 klHz 8-pole filter and the results are nothing
short of spectacular! Using Spectagram software and an Elecraft white noise
generator I graphed out the results and the difference in the stock filter
compared to the new InRad filter is amazing.

I am planning on writing all this up in the an upcoming issue of the American
QRP Club's newsletter "The Homebrewer".  So, if anyone has a worthwhile
solution to the Offset Tuning problem or some other mods that you have done
that improve the T-T analog Argonaut series of rigs, please get them to me
ASAP. Credit will be given at time of publication.

73

Rich K7SZ

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.