[TenTec] Fw: OMNI SIX PLUS problem with carrier on SSB

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Fw: OMNI SIX PLUS problem with carrier on SSB
From: "Linda" <dlrwild1@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 12:33:35 -0500
From: Linda
To: tentec@mailman.qth.net
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2005 12:22 PM
Subject: OMNI SIX PLUS problem with carrier on SSB

To all on the Ten Tec Reflector:

Re: carrier on SSB signal

Has anyone had any problems with the carrier adjustment on an OMNI SIX PLUS
with all the Ten Tec stock audio filters (no INRAD audio filters) installed
(all five slots with TT filters).

I was on LSB (40 meters) this morning. I fellow ham broke in to my QSO to tell
me that I had a strong carrier on one side of my SSB signal. He said is was
around S1 with no audio (I was holding down the mic button with no modulation).

Is there an easy adjustment or fix for this problem? I was told there were null
adjustments on the TX audio board, R3 and R4. Any advice and help would be
greatly appreciated, thanks.

Bob Wilderman, K3SRO
dlrwild1@comcast.net