[TenTec] Spectrogram

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Spectrogram
From: "Robert Carroll" <rlcarroll@patmedia.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 15:56:36 -0500
I have been playing with Spectrogram and looking at the audio output of the
Orion, particularly at how the various AGC settings allow or suppress the
inter-element noise depending on the decay time setting.  My system has two
sound boards in it.  The first sound card is devoted to my audio hobby and
the second is for ham applications.  In using a program like Writelog you
can pick which sound card device you want to use-in fact you can set up for
input on one card and output /audio review etc on another.  At the moment
after a lot of fiddling I have managed to get audio applications
(announcements of spots, streaming internet broadcasts, etc) back on sound
card 1 and spectrogram looking at soundcard 2.  But I think this is only
because I confused Windows in playing around with the sound setup in control
panel.  Probably after a reboot Spectrogram will go back to looking at the
default sound card, the one used for audio.

So my question for Spectrogram experts is whether or not buried somewhere in
the software controls there is the ability to select the sound card/mixer to
be used by Spectrogram.  I am using the last freeware version of
Spectrogram, so it is possible a later version may have this capability if
the freeware version does not Is there another spectrum analysis with this
ability?

Bob W2WG