[TenTec] orion operation issues

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] orion operation issues
From: bob finger <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 12:27:21 -0500
Yes, a book on how to operate would be nice for new hams but how to make it inclusive for the Orion would be a difficult task.

I had a new ham in the shack yesterday and spent a few minutes showing him how to properly tune an ssb signal. Mentoring, or Elmering if you prefer is still the best way, book or no book. Same applies to the learning curve of Orion. Us old timers have forgotten so much it is sometimes difficult to relate to some basic questions. It is so intuitive to us that we forget it does not always make sense to the newcomer. Patience helps, by both parties. 73 bob de w9ge