Re: [TenTec] WTB Power Supply for Hercules II

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] WTB Power Supply for Hercules II
From: doc <kd4e@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 15:26:15 -0400
Jim Brown wrote:
I've recently acquired a used Hercules II, but without a power supply. Two questions.

1) Does anyone have a matching TenTec supply in good condition to sell for its real value (as opposed to its "collector's value")? I promise it a good home.

2) if you're a currrent or former Hercules II owner and don't use the TenTec supply with it, what supply has you found works well with this amp?

Jim Brown K9YC

Once I add a proper switched filter and some other tweaks
I am bringing a Ham-legal TexasStar 1600 online.  It needs
the same high level of current at 12vdc.

My plan is to use several high capacity deep-cycle batteries
with shared solar and AC power sources floated across it.

The advantage of the batteries is that they will keep you
running for a while during brief power outages, they filter
out voltage irregularities, and they can take advantage of
alternative power sources like solar and wind.

Batteries are also sort of portable ... just in case you need
to relocate your KW to a temporary location.

--
Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e
West Central Florida  100% Linux.  Suse 9.1