[TenTec] HAPPY ORION OWNER

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] HAPPY ORION OWNER
From: "w9ge" <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 12:24:02 -0400
Count me as one of the happy Orion owners.  No high speed qsk (I stay below 40
wpm), no amp interface problems (I use the ptt/vox lines on my TT 425 and Alpha
78).  One reset during the last month (while sending a series of ten qtc's
during WAE, yep he waited the ten seconds it took to reset the radio) and one
trip back to the mother ship to repair a "premature" component failure.  Mine
is almost a year old and would not trade it for anything else available.  All
other radios are now on the back shelf, and not hooked up. Orion remains the
best receiver available for low bands and contest work.

I gander at this reflector, and have learned much from the assembled masses.
Thank you!  But, I would rather hunt for rare dx than talk here about the
little bitty itty bitty problems with firmware etc.  The present is good.  The
future is bright, awaiting the next firmware releases. 73 bob de w9ge