[TenTec] ORION and IC7800 - Kirby

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] ORION and IC7800 - Kirby
From: N0KHQ@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2004 20:04:08 EDT
Hi Kirby,

That was a very nice unbiased piece you wrote.

You would think that the IC-7800 could run circles around the Orion, given
the Texas Instruments horsepower it has.

There are still a couple of issues with the Orion......but they will get
fixed/refined.

I'm just tickled to death to finally get a receiver that can be quieted down
without loosing the signal. I spend most of my time listening, so a quiet
receiver is important.

With you owning an Orion and an IC-7800 your comments in the months to come
should be interesting. As with some of the guys that had issues with Orion
updates, I'm sure your getting ready on your end for whatever might come when
updating the 7800.

It will be interesting to see what Kenwoods answer to all of this is.

What I would really like to see is a graphical user interface for the Orion
that actually looked like an Orion. I guess not many programmers know how to
design life like 3 dimensional GUI's. True, it does take a lot of
time........but man, the end result would be amazing. I have seen some GUI's
that look
better than the real thing.

Take care Kirby.....nice report.

73
John / N0KHQ / St. Louis

Always on 18.130

Antennas:

You can build 'em better than you can buy 'em
Please visit the sites below:
http://www.hamuniverse.com/
http://cebik.com/nokhq/html
http://www.ssb-audio.com/forum/