Re: [TenTec] Orion Finished?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Finished?
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 20:23:20 -0500
Using a 1:1 current balun at 50 ohms, I would find that it is difficult to
measure the loss on the HF bands.  A series of #43 beads (15 to 25) on a
piece of RG-213 or RG-8 will have no more loss than the length of the coax.
And It just might stop RF current on the shield from flowing back to the
Orion from and amp/tuner/antenna combination.

73
Bob, K4TAX