Re: [TenTec] It just depends...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] It just depends...
From: "Tony Martin W4FOA" <w4foa@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 11:37:20 -0400
Hi Richard, et al

Like you, I have owned many TT rigs and to be honest, I never owned one that
I didn't like.  For looks I still think there is something about the Corsair
(I) that is just classy looking.  I no longer own one but it and the Corsair
II were both delightful radios.

To get to your question regarding what did I like about the TT gear, I would
probably have to say the incredible QSK, followed by the simplicity of
operating the rigs and then just knowing that the wonderful folks at TT are
just up the road from me (about 2 hours drive) in case of some catastrophic
failure.  Of course they have answered many questions on the phone as well.

I've owned some of their tuners, keyers and a couple of Titan amps....IMHO,
they make better transceivers!

Regards to all...

Tony, W4FOA (Hopefully soon on the air with an Orion)

PS: I think constructive criticism is helpful, not only to TT but also to
potential buyers of specific TT items.  I've been following the Orion stuff
closely and think it has helped me realize that maybe, just maybe an OF like
me can learn to use the many features.