[TenTec] HyTower radials

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] HyTower radials
From: "Rob Atkinson, K5UJ" <k5uj@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 14:12:18 +0000
I have heard the same thing Bill mentioned. There are two 160 conversion kits sold by MFJ (Hygain) for the hytower: one involves the base loading coil and is not very good. The other turns the hytower into a sort of inverted L and is supposed to work much much better. I have never had any direct experience; just reporting what I have heard which is to avoid the base coil and go with the other conversion kit if you can. It costs more but I've been told is worth it.

Rob Atkinson
K5UJ