Re: [TenTec] Centaur cooling

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Centaur cooling
From: Duane A Calvin <ac5aa@juno.com>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 08:37:27 -0500
Great idea, John.  That is exactly what I found when I had a Centaur, but
your idea never occurred to me.  An acoustics engineer where I work told
me the problem was that the slots were too small/restrictive and too
close to the fan input, and that if I opened up the input by punching
holes, or removing all the material in front of the intake that it would
quiet down.  It's too bad TT didn't try what you suggest - it might have
improved the word of mouth on the Centaur and given it a longer lifespan.
 They are a nice little amp with the noise issue resolved.  (totally
quiet with the covers off, by the way.)

        73, Duane