[TenTec] Omni V Birdie - UPDATE

To: "TenTec List (E-mail)" <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V Birdie - UPDATE
From: "Rick Williams" <rick.williams@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 10:03:19 -0700
Well after attempting several modifications to the Omni V Logic board with
little success I moved on.  John (G3JAG) suggested that the problem may be
located on the PLL board.

The PLL board modification certainly helped.  The number of birdies was
reduced from 250+ to 170.  Yes those are really a lot of birdies, however
more than 40% of those don't move or just barely move the S-meter.  There
are some whoppers as well.  For example the S-6 birdie at 21.333 (LSB) seems
to be a common problem.  This birdie was also reported by Paul (MW0CDO
measured S-8) previously on this reflector.

The continuing saga is documented on my website.  Again, comments and
suggestions appreciated.

73,

Rick
VE7TK / VE7ASR