Re: [TenTec] ??QSK GONE AWAY

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ??QSK GONE AWAY
From: "Thomas Uhlman" <tuhlman@kimbanet.com>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 23:14:07 -0400
OK I just tested my Orion with many different settings and here's what I
found....

First I did a master reset...

Using the internal keyer I have found that the receiver recover time
decreases when the CW Rise/Fall time is set lower (naturally) and also when
the weighting is set lower... When the weighting is set at 50% and the
rise/fall time is set to 3 mS, I can hear the receiver between dits up to
about 25 wpm... With the weighting set at 100%, I can hear the receiver
between dits up to about 20 wpm... With the weighting set at 150%, I can
hear between dits at only about 18 wpm... As I stated before, with any
settings I can hear the receiver between characters ... I am happy with this
though...  For QSK operation, it works fine for me....

Tom NJ1K