[TenTec] Triton II PTO Rebuild

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Triton II PTO Rebuild
From: <bharen@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 21:16:28 -0400
Greetings All!

Anyone rebuilt a Triton II PTO lately?  I'm going nuts here.  Having torn down
and rebuilt one twice already I finally think I figured out what the problem
is.  On my Triton II the part described as the PTO 'core drive rod' (TT part
#90202) came out of the PTO assembly as two pieces, and that is how, up until
an hour ago, I thought it was manufactured.  However, a careful re-read of the
PTO re-build instructions from TT and a careful observation of how the
reassembled unit works (more accurately, doesn't work) I have concluded that
the core drive rod is actually supposed to be a one piece unit.  Before I call
TT to see if they still stock this part I want to confirm that my conclusion
is, in fact, correct - is the core drive rod supposed to be a one-piece unit?
Anyone ever experience one of these 'breaking'?  Or did someone use a core
drive rod from another TT radio as a substitute?  As always, thanks in advance
and 73!

Brian
W8BYH