[TenTec] Microphonics/Feedback from Omni-V.9?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Microphonics/Feedback from Omni-V.9?
From: John Pfeifer <jpfeifer@gci.net>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 16:03:35 -0400
Hello all,

I usually operate with headphones, but this morning turned on my Omni V.9 with
them unplugged.  As I advanced the AF gain, I started getting low frequency
feedback.  The only way I could stop it was to turn the AF gain all the way
down.

I was *not* transmitting at the time.  In fact, as an experiment, I unplugged
everything from the rig except the power supply.  Still got the feedback.

It's almost like something is causing microphonics inside the rig.  With the
AF gain just barely on, I can start it feeding back with a slight tap on the
case.

Any ideas, suggestions?

Tnx/73,

John Pfeifer