[TenTec] Omni V questions

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V questions
From: "Howell, D. Haney" <howellh@winthrop.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 10:55:10 -0500
I've been using my Omni V for six months now, and while a real joy most of the
time, there are a couple of nagging problems.

1.  After getting complaints about the transmit audio, I discovered by accident
the other night that the PSB tuning control shapes the audio.  Could this be a
bad diode in the switching chain?

2.  When the noise blanker is out of line, there is blowby from signals as far
as 20 KC's away.  They disappear with the NB on.  The rig is fully filtered.
The really odd part is you hear the signals at the same level and width even
with the narrow filter engaged.

Thanks.

Haney/K2XN