RE: [TenTec] Scout mobile bracket

To: <wb2vuf@qsl.net>, <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Scout mobile bracket
From: "Jerry Schantz" <jschantz@franklinisp.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 17:51:33 -0500
Thanks to all. Have a Scout bracket on the way. I may make another but guess
there's some merit in having the original , at least in my mind.

About the 1220 tone issue. I have in place the C86( in reality have about
9400 uf,2 4700 parallel) and the .01 across C36. Have also increased R107 to
220K (may try higher next or even a trimmer)just for grins.
I 'm thinking bending up some aluminum shields to "cover the gaps" and maybe
even adding to the foil side shield of  the VCO.
I refuse to give up...especially since I have one that works close to
perfect.
Wonder if swapping the processors would be worth the bother ?

Thanks all for comments and suggestions
It WILL be fixed someday
Jerry  W9JJS

---