Re: [TenTec] Outboard VFO for Delta 580

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Outboard VFO for Delta 580
From: Mark Milburn <mark.milburn@ispwest.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 13:48:54 -0600
I guess that's why mine doesn't have one... hi. I don't know what different kind of features could be added to keep the frequency from changing. I expect a very rudimentary one could be anything that kept the knob from turning. I've been a ham for 40 years but my experience with different rigs is limited, so I don't know what different rigs use. My Jupiter has a dandy frequency lock, but my Delta could move if the table is bumped or the rig is moved. I need to remove that possibility because I want to use it on HF packet where it will be on the air without supervision for hours at a time...don't want it wandering off if the cat jumps up there. I can add a crystal control to the VFO input but just wondered if the VFO had some protection against the frequency changing as then I wouldn't be limited to one frequency.
73 Mark

Paul Valko - W8KC wrote:
Hi Mark,

I don't believe I've ever heard of a "frequency lock" on a rig with a PTO.
What would that be?  A screw through the tuning knob to keep it from moving?

73! =paul= W8KC
Collector of Ten*Tecs and other fine plastics.
Visit the Virtual Ten*Tec Museum at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/w8kc
Listen to 7.040 MHz from anywhere with Media Player v9
http://www.w8kc.com/stream.asx