RE: [TenTec] Not TT - Wire antenna question

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: RE: [TenTec] Not TT - Wire antenna question
From: Darin@TelemedInc.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 19:12:56 -0500
Hello, I'm no expert...I think of myself as a Technologist, you know, see
how to solve a problem given what's already out there in an effort to save
time if not money, in this case.
For two years I've been searching for the "perfect balun" for some sort of a
"perfect Windom" design.
All I kept hearing about was how 4:1 Voltage baluns in most tuners often
times did much more harm than good. Makes sense!

Then last night I stumbled upon this website, and yes it is commercial:

http://www.dxengineering.com/Products.asp?DeptID={112450B5-E9E3-4F36-9166-E5
2FA128D019}&SecID={90CD9828-44F1-4DFE-B9FE-3F0BDFCBAA9A}&ID={022A1CDF-C417-4
F8B-AF97-B1ED91AAE23A}

Hope this link works, if not, just go to dxengineering dot com, click on the
New!DXE baluns, but mostly, click on the sublink titled "Choosing the
correct balun."

Super Duper baluns for most applications, especially including balanced and
off-center, purposfully unbalanced antenna systems, designed specifically
for high power applications for use with a good tuner.

They cost a lot more than Radio Works.  I thought Radio Works "Remote Balun"
was the only commercial choice out there, and then found this!
It talks about feed line length and even has a chart to determine 1/8th
wavelength multiples of typical feedlines grouped according to Velocity
Factor.
REAL good stuff!
Very credible source, I believe also, having read his various posts on
topics, but especially as of late, on baluns.

Hope this info helps,

Cheers.
W3DCG, Atlanta.