RE: [TenTec] two-tone transmitter signals (was "New Idea")

To: <eric@k3na.org>, <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TenTec] two-tone transmitter signals (was "New Idea")
From: <al_lorona@agilent.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 12:03:40 -0700

>    Another solution would be to have a .wav file on one's
> computer with the two tones recorded on it.

That's a good idea. However, I am more interested in incorporating the
tone generators and oscilloscope in the transceiver itself. In the
industry, this is called Built-In Test Equipment, or BITE for short.

A couple of folks pointed out that the tones wouldn't match the
microphone's audio, but I'm not sure why couldn't the tones be injected
right at the mic input?

It is an extension of what Elecraft does in the K2. There is both a
voltmeter and a frequency counter built in and usable at any time they
are needed. So why not more of this kind of thing?

Also, I'm curious: do any of the rigs with spectrum displays have an
external input for the spectrum analyzer?

Al  W6LX