[TenTec] spectrum hogs / RE:Jerry

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] spectrum hogs / RE:Jerry
From: KD7EFQ@aol.com
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 08:52:46 -0500
Hi Jerry, From what I understand, there is no carved in stone law by the FCC
(yet) on width. However, from all of the old timers that were hamming long
before I was born, 2.8 is the maximum politically correct (hi hi) SSB
bandwidth, with 2.4 being the average. With the low bands (75 & 40 ) they do
get pretty crowded when they stretch out at night, and it really gets annoying
to deal with the "Donald Duck" sounds off to the sides. This problem is
amplified with the widebanders. Of course, if you politely ask them to move if
they moved in on you, you just get cussed and ignored.

It all boils down to wether you want to be a good operator, or a LID. Courtesy
and consideration for your fellow operator is part of the amateur code. But in
todays selfish, self - centered society, Courtesy is becoming extinct. 73.