Re: [TenTec] Orion freezes due to RFI??

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion freezes due to RFI??
From: "Jeff Griffin" <jeff.griffin@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 09:05:28 -0500
  I had the same problem during the CQWW contest. I realized afterwards that
I had selected the wrong antenna on 40m running a KW. I blew the Orion's
memory away and had to do a reset. No big deal, and it was caused by my own
carelessness. It was a little scarey though, as the Orion would change
frequency while transmitting! A possible s/w fix would prevent this?
  I just worked the entire  ARRL 10m contest this weekend without glitch.
Only problem I now have is an intermittent with the headphone audio in the
left channel. When I return to traveling at work I will send it in under
warranty. It is a minor inconvenience as I have to leave the Orion up. If I
turn it off overnight or something 50% of the time I have to go through a
warm-up procedure of several hours before the problem goes away. This is
fine for now but won't work in the summer with thunderstorms.

73 Jeff kb2m