Re: [TenTec] Orion/Centurion/Ant1 QSK Question

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion/Centurion/Ant1 QSK Question
From: "Harry" <rfman@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 11:54:54 -0500
John;

I only have an Omni 6+ so this doesn't affect me, but I though I saw
somewhere that the older Centurion's need a mod to work correctly with the
newer rigs. (Pegasus, Jupiter, Orion). Searching the Ten Tec site under the
Centurion info, I found :

Note for older 422 Centurion amp owners:  Using an older Centurion with the
newest Ten-Tec HF transceivers - Pegasus, Jupiter, and Orion - may require a
small modification to the QSK board in older Centurion amps for proper QSK
CW keying.   Short diode D2 (red diode, 1N4148, next to Q1) with a jumper
wire.  The current 422B does not require this modification.

I wonder if that is your problem?

73
Harry, NK9R