[TenTec] SCAF-1 Filter

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] SCAF-1 Filter
From: John Rippey <w3uls@3n.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 13:32:18 -0500
I've just started using a Logikey SCAF-1 filter with my OMNI VI. I must say it is pleasant to use (CW only at this point) and cuts way down on atmospheric noise--in this regard, it is superior to the "LP" filter in the OMNI. When you punch the "NR" button, you get a big jump in loudness of the signal with no increase in noise.

It's not DSP. Therefore, you don't have to worry about overload like in the Timewaves. It's set and forget.

73,
John, W3ULS