Re: Re: [TenTec] Re: Rudimentary SWR question...

To: SteveBaron@StarLinX.com, tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Re: [TenTec] Re: Rudimentary SWR question...
From: "Bill L. Fuqua" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 22:18:39 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: "Steve Baron - KB3MM" <SteveBaron@StarLinX.com>
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 17:54:59 -0000
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Re: Rudimentary  SWR question...

AH!

----- Original Message -----
From: "George, W5YR" <w5yr@att.net>
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, October 20, 2003 17:48

 This is not an opinion but a well
> established fact in the professional antenna field. Consider also that in
> the Yagi beam, only the driven element is "resonant" while the other
>
> w5yr@att.net

     I would like to point out that the reflector and directors in a yagi are
resonant. They are slightly off resonance (not at the peak)so that  their phase
relationships are proper for them to behave as they do.  If they were far off
resonance they would not induce suffecient currents for them to have any effect
on the radiation pattern.
 Try your yagi modeling program and make the director much shorter or the
refelctor much longer and observe the gain ,radiation pattern and the magnitude
and phase of the currents in the elements.
   Just picked up a Johnson Desk KW.   Going to be buisy  with it for a while.
73
Bill wa4lav