Re: [TenTec] PSK and Argo V help?

To: tentec@contesting.com, rick.williams@telus.net
Subject: Re: [TenTec] PSK and Argo V help?
From: James E McClellan <n8luv_jm@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 09:41:24 -0400
Good Morning Rick,

I have the Argonaut-V and use MixW ver-2.09 with it. I now have over 80
QSOs on PSK-31 and more with the other digital modes. I have even got a
confirmed SSTV from Poland and Checheslovlkia! --- I use the VOX method
and it works flawless. The settings for the VoX I use are as follows:

Gain ------ 9
Antivox --- 0
Hangtime - 1

You do not need the Antivox since you are not on a mic. One warning. Make
sure you have the soundboard output turned down to the point where there
is NO AGC FLICKER on the Argonaut-V. The green AGC indicator should never
glow at all! If it begins to glow the PSK-31 signal will be distorted and
you will not be able to acheive the necessary IMD of around -20 to -25.
If the AGC begins to glow your IMD will be about a -10 to -15. This
setting does create distortion and excessive band width for PSK-31 and it
can be seen on the waterfalls as tiny spikes on the edges.

Hope this helps Rick and good PSK-31 to you!

Sincerely,

Jim McClellan --- N8LUV