Re: [TenTec] MixW & Omni VI

To: <johnclif@ix.netcom.com>, <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] MixW & Omni VI
From: "Mark Erbaugh" <mark@microenh.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 07:59:13 -0400
John,

Thanks for the reply. I actually was adapting some macros that I received
from you a while back.

> What radio have you chosen for CAT?  I am using the IC-735 and the use of
> the ALIGN macro works FB in my setup... I have an 'align' macro that
> switches in the 500 Hz RTTY filter and then moves the signal to the middle
> of the passband.

I've also got CAT set up for IC-735. The macros for changing mode and
selecting filters seem to work just fine. Manually entering a frequency in
the CAT control bar causes the radio to change frequency, so MixW does know
how to control frequency. It seems like it's just not sending the command to
the radio.  I've tried it with LOCK both on and off. I wonder if there is
some other seting in MixW that needs to be changed?

I tried this with version 2.09 and 2.08. Does your setup work with either of
those versions?

> How are you triggering transmit?  Do you have a special cable that
separates
> out DTR/RTS or are you using the OnTX and OnRX macros to send the correct
> Omni VI commands?

Currently, I'm using a separate serial port.

One other difference in my setup is that my Omni VI is option 3, but that
shouldn't make a difference.

73,
Mark