[TenTec] Orion Bottom Cover

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion Bottom Cover
From: wa2pvk@msn.com (WILLIAM MANSEY)
Date: Mon Jun 16 16:10:37 2003
Hole or NO hole - don't forget to take ambient room temperature into account
when making adjustments to the Orion's TCXO.  In my case - - - My Orion now
starts off about 20 Hz. low when first turned on.  This gradually moves up to
about 5 Hz. high and it tends to stay there BUT! If I put the central air
conditioner on the frequency gradually drops to about 10 Hz. low and then stays
around THERE!    SO - IF you are wondering why you can not get your Orion to
stay EXACTLY on frequency this is why.  A word, or two, about holes;  If you DO
make an access hole in the bottom of your Orion - please take precautionary
steps to protect against shorting any nearby connections should your alignment
tool (if it has a conductive tip) misses the mark. There is quite a distance
between the cover and the TCXO and this makes it hard to aim the alignment
tool.  I have opted not to make any "ILLEGAL" holes in MY Orion.  73, Bill
wa2pvk@msn.com

Please visit my home page:
http://mysite.verizon.net/wa2pvk