[TenTec] Omni C + SB200

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni C + SB200
From: ken.d.brown@verizon.net (Ken Brown)
Date: Sun May 18 14:53:44 2003
The SB-200 needs to have a 150 (approximately +/- my memory loss) volt
DC line pulled to ground to key it. Using a relay driven by some lower
voltage transistion output from the transceiver is one way to do it. Not
the only way though. I have seen circuits in QST hint and kinks using a
HexFet and a few other components....You will still have the noise and
slow response of the relay(s) inside the SB-200. I wonder if anyone has
built a QSK conversion into a SB-200. I think this would be much better.

DE N6KB