[TenTec] Orion with AL-1200 -- QSK

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion with AL-1200 -- QSK
From: wa3fiy@radioadv.com (WA3FIY)
Date: Fri Mar 28 20:20:36 2003
Paul,

As far as I know, the PIN switch in the AL1200 is the same as mine
in the AL80A.  It is spec'd to switch in less than 500 microseconds.  I
have taken a very close look with scope and found the amplifier fully
switched over long before the TX is ramping up with power.

Your concern was mine as well at first but no problem in over 10
years with multiple rigs.

Good point on the "EXT TR".  If it there and works like on the
Pegasus, Grant could then go from full QSK to semi breakin from the
front panel of the ORION........if it has the delay setting like the Peg.
Lot's to learn about the ORION, only wish I was one of the
experimenters.  But that if wishes were horses..............................

 :-)

73 de Lee, WA3FIY