[TenTec] Ten-Tec and the dealers

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten-Tec and the dealers
From: ny9h@attbi.com (Bill NY9H)
Date: Sat Feb 1 22:12:37 2003
At 10:41 AM 1/31/03, Scott Rosenfeld [N7JI] wrote:
>But then the Y-I-K call centers would have to be in Japan - and the time
>differential alone would kill their US sales :)

Historically the Japanese have used agents... Icom when it started here in
the states, I think was not totally owned by Icom Japan. I think there was
some American ownership/partnership.  It, in part, could be to limit their
losses, until firmly established.  Standard Radio for many years was owned
by the LA based Thomas Family... ( Hi Mark !!)   In fact if you we search
on the Marantz name, you'll see how the Standard brand was built in a plant
that was called MJI for Marantz Japan. They made the Heath talkies also. I
think it started as a superscope factory, owned by the LA based Tushinsky
family. They were the importers of the Sony tape recorder line. Later Sony
started bringing in radios  "TR-3 "and 5" tv sets.  Then there were the
Tani brothers who started TEAC.

oops  this is the TenTec reflector...  sorry...
bill   (who has  a lot of TenTec equipment)