[TenTec] Paragon output trouble

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon output trouble
From: speltaal@xs4all.nl (PA2DWH Dick)
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 17:32:49 +0100
Hi Don (VE1BN)and others,

My Paragon is fixed!
I recieved new toroids yesterday (free of charge from TT, what a great
company!!) and today replaced the output toroid and the ferrite in the 12
Volt line. I now have full output on all bands again :)
I am not sure now which one of the two ferrites was causing the trouble, but
I am pritty sure that it was the 12 V line one. I can imagine that the
higher the frequncy gets, the more losses will occur if the ferrite lost its
permeability due excessive heat as happened in my case when capacitor C25
went bad.

So go for changing the ferrite in the 12 V line to start with Don!

Thanks, as by exhanging the info in this net, we found the problem!

73, Dick/PA2DWH