[TenTec] Jupiter/LDG AT-11MP Tuner

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter/LDG AT-11MP Tuner
From: csturner@slonet.org (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 07:55:47 -0800
Steve brings up a very important point, one I learned the hard way,
too.  I now tell my friends, especially those very confident of their "3
KW" rated tuners, that any gradual change in SWR while the key is down
is a sign that the tuner is having trouble inside.  Look for heat, don't
be surprised, it can happen in lots of surprising circumstances and may
be a sign of other problems that need to be fixed (shorted coax comes to
mind).  I have heated up (and melted) coil forms on "3 KW" tuners with
100 watts to my surprise.  Just occasionally watch the SWR for "creep"
and start problem solving when it appears.   Keep the VOM nearby :-) .

Clark
WA3JPG