[TenTec] WOW SERVICE on ARGO V!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] WOW SERVICE on ARGO V!
From: w9ac@arrl.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 17:42:32 -0500
They ALL are prone to failure.  So what?

My new FT-1000D failed within two weeks of ownership.  My new Kenwood
TS-950SD failed within two months of ownership.  My new Yaesu FT-2400 failed
to power up out  of the box.   Each was a different problem.  Oddly, I've
never had a Ten Tec fail after the purchase decision was made.  On the other
hand, I went through two new Omni Sixes before I found one that behaved the
way I expected it to.   Added to the Service v. Reliability mix comes
another factor: Quality Control.  With more SMD devices and less internal
wiring, Ten Tec seems to have improved their QC over that of the older rigs.

-Paul,W9AC